Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cavoodle?

I have been getting a few comments lately asking what exactly a Cavoodle is.
A Cavoodle is a designer breed (not to be confused with mutts). It is a cross between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Poodle (Toy Poodle for me).

There are lots of other designer breeds, such as
Labradoodles (Labrador x Poodle),
Goldador (Labrador x Golden Retriever),
Spoodles (Cocker Spaniel x Poodle),
Schnoodle (Schnauzer x Poodle),
Pekapoos (Pekingese x Poodle),
Yorkiepoo (Yorkshire Terrier x Poodle),
Maltepoo (Maltese Terrier x Poodle),
Maltese Shih Tzu (Maltese Terrier x Shih Tzu) and many, many more.

Here are a couple links to learn about Cavoodles -
Note: While some Cavoodle's may shed, I never do. There hasn't been any puppies from my breeder who have shed yet.

By Annika, my breeder

Burke's Backyard

Some may regard me as a mutt (huh? Where do people come up with these ideas)!? I believe I am a new breed. Purebreds have surely been called mutts when they were first bred...

Well, I hope this little bit of information has helped!
Cuddles and licks,
Love Miley xxx

peacock feather divider Pictures, Images and Photos

18 comments:

  1. Thanks Miley! I was wondering, too! So, you are probably about my size, I imagine. Have a great day!

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: I am going to finally post your award today. Sorry, it has been a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miley! You are so cute!

    I kind of feel like a Cavoodle, wrapped up in this boa for the bachelorette party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miley -- I had never heard of a Cavoodle before so that certainly was an interesting post. Pleased to meet you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I look at the whole naming thing as a label. Call me a mutt, call me a cockapoo, call me a spoodle...I am still just Uncle Puppy!!!


    -Uncle Puppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked learning about your breed. As a miniature schnauzer I don't shed either.

    I'm following your blog now.

    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Thanks for visiting Erins blog. I'll be the first to admit this is the first time I came across a Cavoodle or heard of them. You are adorable and what a great plus on not shedding. Erin & Buck are both shedding now & it's driving me nuts. Thank You for adding my link button to your page and glad the code helped you out. If your wondering why my button doesn't line up with the others it's because it's aligned to "center". Just change the word "center" in the code to left or right and it should line up with the others.
    Have a Great Week.
    Erin & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am 42cm at my shoulders (16.54 inchs)
    Thanks for commenting Pip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you do feel very.. fluffy. :)
    Thanks for commenting Sallie.
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pleased to meet you too Bonnie! Learning about other breeds is another fun thing about blogging.

    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uncle Puppy, I don't fell any different if people call me a mutt. It's a good point you make. I just feel so much better if I have a breed, and not just called something that shouldn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Erin! It's too bad about the shedding, Oscar (who's a Jack Russell) always sheds, and it drives the rest of our pack nuts. (mmmmm... nuts).

    Thanks for the commenting, and the tip for the button. :)

    Cuddles and licks,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's grreat you don't shed Oskar. I get away with lots of things such as going on the loungs and beds because I don't shed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the info.

    Anyway, you're too cute Miley!

    Thor

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's OK Thor!
    Thanks for the comment,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our "nephew" dog is a chewennie - a cross between an chihuahua and a dachshund.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Chewennie! That's so cute!
    Thanks for commenting Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're so cute Miley! Pshsh...mutt? There is no such thing as an inferior breed. You are a rare and special breed. :) You're the first Cavoodle I've met.
    Thanks for following my blog and for your comments. I loved reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Emerald! I do believe there is no inferior breeds. :)
    Thanks for commenting,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello my special furends! I love to hear what you think of my blog, please leave a comment! Thank you, and remember: I Love YOU!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails