Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Training Day and Other Fun Times

Yesterday, Sarah decided she was going to train me to do jumps. It was my very first time. Actually, I don't want to brag, but Sarah was very impressed with me as I got it on my FIRST try! I guess I am part Poodle! Also, following a treat helps too.

It was really fun. I jumped over a broom placed up on two bricks, and also over a small stool.
I got a treat each time I got it right, but sometimes I missed, so I didn't get any. We did this for about 20mins (I'm an adult dog now, so I can have longer lessons). Sarah wishes she took photo's of my first jumping lesson. Oh well, there is always next time!!!
After the session, I got to play one of my favourite games: Catch The Leaves!

Have you ever played Catch The Leaves? I think I invented it... or it may have been Sarah. Since we have a big Eucalyptus Tree in our backyard, we often get fallen leaves on a small branches. Sarah will grab the branch, shake the leaves around, and RUN! Then, I have to catch her, and jump to get the leaves. Sometimes, she wags the branch in front of my face, and I nibble on it, then snatches it up again! Don't think this is mean, that's just the game. To win, you must catch the leaves and tug them out of Sarah's hands. Once I win (I always do), I can chew the leaves until they are leaves no more! I have been playing this game as long as I can remember.

Also, Sarah had the idea of Danny Boy training Oscar to do jumps too, then we can race each other! Maybe we can have our own competition, and FLY-BALL too! I've seen lots of dogs playing fly-ball before, and it looked like so much fun. I was on a walk, and pulled on my lead to join in, but I wasn't allowed to because it was a championship, and I wasn't part of that team. :(
Luckily, the dogs there had their own little pool to cool off in, and when they were playing, I took a little dip!

Cuddles & licks!
Love Miley xxx Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hi Miley,

    Thanks for following my blog. I am your newest follower as well! You sound much more talented than me. I am not much of a jumper!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! Hi There I'm Sugar. Good to meet you. Glad that you enjoyed your jumping training. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it sounds like you had a lot of fun chasing those treats, I mean jump lessons! BOL

    Who said us adults cannot learn new trick? We are so much smarter then those young pups!

    woo woos, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pip!
    I'm so glad we are fur-ends!
    Thanks for commenting,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sugar!
    Thanks for commenting,
    I'm sure we can be grreat fur-ends!
    Cuddles & licks,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the treats were fun, but if Sarah asks, I was only focused on the jumps. :)
    I do believe adult dogs are as smart as pups, and can easily learn a new trick!
    Thanks for commenting Tessa,
    Cuddles and licks,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had so much fun learning new tricks! You have talent, Girl!=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did have a lot of fun Thor! I love learning new tricks. Thanks.
    Thanks for commenting too Thor,
    Love Miley xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello my special furends! I love to hear what you think of my blog, please leave a comment! Thank you, and remember: I Love YOU!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails